Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reflections.....

When I look back on 2009 (make that 2008 also)  I have seen, and felt, and learned so much about Grace, compassion, humility, love, hope, kindness, faith, understanding, GRATITUDE, gratitude, and more gratitude, strength, laughter, generosity of giant proportions, meeting amazing people, prayer, and what it is like to be in God's hand and not even know it.   I learned to dream again, to look at the world through child like eyes.  Forgiveness,  learning how to be open and raw, and letting the world see me just as I am...me.  Appreciation for others and their hurricanes, learning what true friendship is, and most importantly what it means to be a friend...because I have lost sight of that. I am starting over in that area.  I have been gone a long time.

Appreciating my parents, sisters and brother for what it has taken for them to go down this road with me.  And the biggest thing(s) are watching my children and lighting up like a Christmas tree when they are around. Amazement at my husband and all that he has had to endure.  Learning more about what true love is.   It is more than the butterfly's in your stomach....you learn what true love is when you are face down in the dirt.  When they lay down in the dirt with you and cheer you on to get up and keep on fighting.  When they hold you when you are so scared of what is to come.  When they have seen you at your very worst and they still love you.  And bigger than all of that, if that wasn't enough....I found God in places that I never thought He could be.   I will write more in my next post....

No comments: