Saturday, January 3, 2009

Baby Beau: When there are no words when a child passes away


I just learned through an old friend that another mutual friend of ours (also my former boss) has had tragedy strike his family. Baby Beau was around 16 months old and was born with a heart condition. I hear that he was such a trooper during his surgeries for his heart. He was in and out of PICU for most of the first year of his life. Then, he came home and seemed to do so well. A week ago today, Beau had a brain hemorrhage and basically was brain dead since then, and on Sunday they took him off of life support.

These are the times when I don't have the answers and I don't understand why God chooses a child to come home to Heaven. Someone explained it to me and I did understand a bit better.

I firmly feel that there are no accidents. Beau was put on this earth to make an impact on others. He probably touched more people in his 16 months of life than anyone would ever be able to imagine. So, Beau was sent down as an angel to bless and grace the lives of others. Not only that, but, to leave his mark on this earth. So, his time limit was shorter than most. But, his mission on this earth was accomplished according to God.

He has beautiful parents and siblings. His parents adore their children. I know his dad and he lit up when his first born walked into the room. I was not around when he had the other two children. His heart is made of gold as is Beau's Mom.

Sometimes, the only words there are is "I am sorry" or "What can I do for you?" Because Beau is sitting in Gods lap healed, without tubes. He is majestic looking and smiling and he is watching over his Mommy and Daddy and brother and sister. It is the ones that are left behind that suffer immensely. Those are the ones that need the prayers for God to hold them tight and help them with their healing. I know that God will bring the right people in their path to help them through this horrific time in their life

I know your question....'Your blog says laughter through the storm". There is nothing to laugh about in this storm right now. But, there will come a time when those that loved him will be able to see the blessings he made in this life, and the funny faces he probably made. We have no real way of knowing how this is going to impact his family and friends. But, I do believe that in time there will be something positive that will come out of this. Whether it be others getting involved in a children's charity and impact a child's life by giving them a chance. Or it may be that others will look at the world with a different set of eyes. Eyes full of hope and a change of priorities. Who knows what wonderful things God has in store for this family. But, right now, during this Hurricane....this family needs all of the prayers from every corner of this earth to help them get through this tragedy.

Baby Beau....I wished I would have known you. But, you have your parents blood running through you and I am quite positive you were a baby boy full of love and grace just like them.

Good night sweet angel boy.

"We can say goodbye with hope, we can cry with hope for there is a place where we will see your face again, because we know that goodbye is not the end"

No comments: