Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Angels among us....


There was a song that I used to love from Alabama "Angels Among us" I am reminded of the words even now. Especially these days due to many many people....this song is ever so true in my life right now....
********************
Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love.

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.
And ain't it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road.
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

*********************
I am reminded that we (me) have to open our eyes to see the angels and to see the blessings. I have been caught up in so much anger with what has been going on with my body that it gets misplaced. I get upset over small things, cry over things that can easily be fixed, most importantly....I have shut a door on someone that can help me the most. And for me, that is God. I know that God has put several angels in front of me to help me understand. George S, it is truly divine intervention that you were brought back into my life. Because there is not many (actually one other.. Michelle T) ministers that I trust. You helped me see where there was light. You didn't even know it. Michelle (Charlotte), you girl...have done wonders and I know you don't have a clue that you have done. But, Hannah...I have spent countless hours trying to write you back and the words seem so inadequate. What you wrote me the other day has changed my life. Literally. I will write you back. My family, and my in-laws...you never give up on me....thank you!! PATI, PATI, PATI....wow.... you are truly a blessing like no other. You pick me up even when I don't think that I need picking up, and the case is...I usually always do and you do it so easily.

There are angels like my husband who never grow weary of searching for ways to make me better and to love me, and our babies for finding ways to make me laugh when I couldn't lift up my head....and out of no where...countless friends new and old. My Florida girls Alison and Kirsten, wow..I am so grateful to have you back in my life, and Teri L., you never stop trying to get through the me to just tell me that you love me just as I am, same for you Regan. The Spransy's ( Beth, Scott, and Alison ) your words, get together's and even just a smile at the different times we have been back in touch. I needed that more than you knew. My old SQ buds...Scott G. you always say something so encouraging to me and Mer you too!. Tammy A., you have soul that I want. My other Beth (SC), you have saved me time and time again, and Christy..girl...there are not enough words, My brother and two sisters, The Ashley's (two in Raleigh), Kennneth, Ed, Meg, Jeff, Clarence, Todd..Tracy and Telly and Byron...you guys have truly blessed me by just praying or sending a note or sending a joke. It is those things that make me believe again. And what a great group of neighbors. ALL of my old LHHS, and Montreat friends and all my new FB friends, the things that you have encouraged me on and reading your stories. I feel my heart beating again..

When I wrote to you all last week, the outpouring was overwhelming and it opened my eyes, I realized that I am not alone, that there are angels everywhere. I realize that sometimes people pop in and out of my life rather quickly. And that shouldn't make me feel sad. Because for that moment in time that they were there, they were an Angel and their work was done. And others stay a little longer and some leave and come back. Everyone has their purpose. So, in all of these words...I say...THANK YOU. I am not alone, and I will heal and everyday, I will sing my blessings. And I will learn to continue to reach out. Without reaching out...I would have stayed and hidden in my own little world.

Thank you for being Angels among me.

No comments: